Open to all Zimbabwean professionals who are actively involved with or interested in any activity involving scientific plant breeding in Zimbabwe based locally or abroad following application to and approval by the Executive Committee. Members should accept aims, terms and conditions of the association and pay up subscriptions.
The categories include:
- Honorary life members- by nomination but non-voting and non-fee paying
- Ordinary members- individuals active or interested in the field, pay full membership fees
- Graduate student members- individuals studying at tertiary educational facilities, pay reduced membership fees.
- Retired members- pay reduced membership fees but enjoy all benefits
- Corporate members- Zimbabwean companies and institutions active or interested in the field. Have one nominated representative.
- Voting rights
- Networking opportunities, facilitating collaborations/ consortiums
- Timely communication via various Association platforms especially for events, opportunities be it job vacancies, mentoring/internships, scholarships, collaborations etc
- Engagement in matters of interest through working groups
- Learn new techniques/ latest technologies/ advances in breeding from experts at reasonable costs
- Professional and personal growth opportunities
- A professional voice to influence the public and decision makers
- Discounted rates for events/ facilities
- Traceable independent reference
- Sense of pride in the profession
Annual Membership Fees
- Ordinary member US$40.00,
- Student member US$10.00 and applicable up to 1 year after graduation
- Retired members US$40.00
- Corporate members US$250.00
ZPBA is a membership-based, not-for-profit, non-political, professional association of Zimbabweans based locally or abroad active or interested in plant breeding and/or plant breeding-related fields.
Follow us on Facebook
Zimbabwe Plant Breeders Association
c/o AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH COUNCIL
ACFD complex, No 51283 Hatcliffe Estate, Alpes Road, Harare, ZIMBABWE
+263 784 618 719